Cardiology Services in North Richland Hills
Medical City North Hills is committed to providing expert cardiovascular services to the Northeast Tarrant County area. As a Cycle 5 accredited Chest Pain Center and one of the area’s leading providers of cardiovascular services, we are extremely proud to have been the first hospital in the United States to be named a Cycle 4 Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. This distinction ensures Medical City North Hills is in direct contact with local Emergency Management Services (EMS), and care begins in the field before the patient ever reaches our Emergency Room. This collaboration with EMS is the factor that drives our average door-to- balloon time of 45 minutes or less. This measurement begins with the patient’s arrival in the Emergency Department and ends with appropriate treatment in the Cardiac Cath Lab. The national standard established by the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association is 90 minutes and Medical City North Hills is proud to be at half of the national standard.
These accreditations mean we’re setting the pace when it comes to heart health!
How can we help you and your family?
We offer state of the art equipment and technology including:
- 24-hour Cardiac Catheterization and Interventional Lab (something most hospitals don’t offer). Whether you come here on Tuesday morning or Sunday night, you can expect to receive the same level of care from our caring team.
- Electrophysiology Lab
- Cardiac unit that combines two open-heart operating rooms with a cardiac ICU and PCU (step-down unit), so that throughout your stay you and your family will enjoy continuity of care.
- Cardiac Rehab Program
Symptoms of a Heart Attack
Chest pain is one of the most common symptoms of a heart attack, but not everyone who has a heart attack experiences the same chest pain. In general, women, elderly, and individuals with diabetes may experience no pain, or symptoms that aren’t considered the norm. It is important to consult with your health care provider and understand these symptoms.
- Shortness of breath
- Chest heaviness
- Chest pain
- Arm pain, neck or jaw pain
- Extreme fatigue
- Heart racing
- Excessive sweating
- Any combination of these
If you experience any of these symptoms, call 911 or go to a hospital emergency room, preferably a chest pain center.
Because every second counts, put your heart in the hands of the professionals at Medical City North Hills. Our ER is open 24-hours a day at 4401 Booth Calloway Road, North Richland Hills, 76180.
- 24-Hour Cardiac catheterization and interventional cardiology lab
- Average of about 3,000 cardiac cath cases per year
- Cycle 5 accredited chest pain center
- Our hospital is in direct contact with local emergency management services (EMS), and care begins in the field before the patient reaches the Emergency Room which expedites care. This collaboration with EMS is a key factor in getting you or your loved one into the catheterization lab for treatment as quickly as possible. Our average “door to balloon” time, - meaning the length of time it takes for a patient to get life-saving care when presenting with a heart attack - is 45 minutes, which is half of the national standard established by the American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association.
- Electrophysiology lab
An electrophysiology (EP) lab allows us to look at electrical issues of the heart. These include issues such as atrial fibrillation, supraventricular tachycardia (SVT), and atrial flutter. We also are able to insert pacemakers or defibrillators (AICDs). Treatment can also be given to open arteries in the legs to assist with circulation and improved mobility. Some of the procedures we can provide in the EP lab include:
- Permanent pacemaker or ACID implant, upgrade or battery change
- Ablations for atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter and supraventricular tachycardia (SVT)
- Specialized cardiac intensive care and specialized cardiac step down units with trained staff to work with our cardiac patients.