The History of Medical City North Hills
We opened on Sunday, May 7, 1961 as Glenview Hospital. The current facility at 4401 Booth Callaway Road was opened in 1983 and renamed Medical City North Hills. Our founding physicians are Dr. David Pillow, Drs. Bob and Martha Chapman, Dr. Bruce Jacobson, Dr. Charles Rush and Dr. John Jermyn.
Medical City North Hills is licensed for 164 beds, has over 300 physicians and 30 medical specialties. The ER has about 39,000 visits each year and is a Level III Trauma Center. We are also a Primary Stroke Center, perform Spine Surgery, and have a comprehensive Cardiovascular Services department. We are an accredited Cycle 5 Chest Pain Center with a Cardiac Rehabilitation program as well as have a Total Joint Replacement Program.
Other services include minimally invasive Robotic Surgery, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Sports Medicine, Senior Health Clinic, Wound Care Center and Outpatient Rehab and Therapy. Also, a Women's Imaging Center, Geriatric Behavioral Unit, and is a Joint Commission Top Performer. Our Kids Teaching Kids program helps them to fight childhood obesity with over 275,000 students reached.
Caring for the Community is a key concern. We are a part of Medical City Healthcare: 14 DFW-area hospitals, 6 pediatric urgent care centers, 7 off-campus ERs, 11 ambulatory surgery centers and 30 CareNow Urgent Care Centers. Our Mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
- Annual Admissions (2017): 6,862
- ER visits: 39,402
- Open Heart Surgeries: 92
- Coronary Stents cases: 331
- Cardiac Cath procedures: 4893
- Cardiac Electrophysiology procedures: 165
- Spine Procedures: 216
- Outpatient procedures: 1446
- Inpatient procedures: 1655
- Robotic procedures: 235
- Cardiovascular Operating Room (CVOR) Procedures (not including Cath lab): 384
- Joint procedures: 385
- Senior Clinic Visits: 9,606